SNAP and HIP orders can be processed in one of two ways:
- CSA DELIVERY: To utilize your HIP funds for fresh produce, you can sign up for our CSA Pilot Program. Your HIP will be automatically deducted every month (you choose the duration of your participation), and you can receive a monthly box from us with the produce of your choice based on the share you choose. This option allows for contact-free delivery.
- OTHER SNAP DELIVERIES: If you wish to use your SNAP funds to make other purchases, you will need to be able to meet the driver at the time of delivery to process payment with your EBT card. *Keep in mind that if you are processing SNAP/HIP with the driver, we can only utilize HIP funds on the date of payment, not the order date. Orders made by the 3rd week of the month should arrive in time.
*SNAP funds are only to be used for eligible food purchases and may not be used for delivery fees. Both delivery options require a second form of payment (credit or debit card) to be saved to your Mass Food Delivery account for the $10 per order delivery fee that will be implemented for all orders being delivered to your home starting January 1, 2023.
Food access has been important to us as a farm and from the start of Mass Food Delivery we have delivered to SNAP customers with no delivery fee because we understand paying this fee may be a barrier to households relying on SNAP benefits. In addition to waiving the delivery fee, our policy has been to leave food even when we do not receive payment. Mass Food Delivery has subsidized over $38,000 worth of food and waived over $150,000 in delivery fees since our inception in 2020. In 2022 alone, we have subsidized over $8,000 worth of food and waived over $50,000 in delivery fees. This has made a significant impact on our ability to continue to provide food access across the state as we face rising costs including fuel, vehicle upkeep, materials, food, and labor. We are currently filling SNAP orders at a financial loss.
In order for Mass Food Delivery to continue to provide our services and be financially sustainable, we must make some changes beginning in the new year.
Starting Sunday, January 1, 2023:
- We will be implementing a $10 delivery fee for all SNAP and CSA Pilot Program customers. This amount is discounted from our standard delivery fee that all other customers pay. This means that when you confirm your order you will be required to enter a credit/debit card to cover this fee. If this payment is declined when we run it, then the order will be cancelled and no delivery will be made. We do still have free pick-up at our location in South Deerfield, MA.
(Please note: If you have signed up for the CSA Pilot Program for all or part of the 2023 year already and no longer wish to participate due to this change, please fill out the cancellation form found below and send it back to email@example.com before December 15, 2022.)
- We will no longer leave orders if you are not there to pay with your SNAP/EBT card. This does not apply to customers signed up for the CSA Pilot Program. However, if the payment for the $10 delivery fee is declined, then we will hold off sending your order until the payment clears.
- We will no longer be able to deliver to most of the southeastern portions of Massachusetts. We will be NOT be delivering to following towns:
Worcester County: Blackstone, Douglas, Dudley, Hopedale, Mendon, Millville and Uxbridge
The CSA Pilot Program agreement is updated annually. All necessary forms can be found on our homepage and via the links below. For those that wish to participate in this program, please fill out the forms, including the credit card authorization form and return them to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail them to:
If you have any questions or need more information, please email us at email@example.com